Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Django Unchained Preview

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained is the story of a slave name Django (Jamie Foxx) who's freedom is bought by Dr. King Schultz (Christopher Waltz).  Schultz trains Django to become a bounty hunter.  Django then uses his skills to confront the brutal Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) to rescue his wife. 

Best known for his uncomfortably brutally funny movies like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Til Dawn, Django Unchained is bound to be another over-the-top gory and violent movie that is smart, well-acted, and so cleverly put together that you find yourself laughing and cringing at the same time and wondering how you could possibly be doing both.  The answer is simple: Quentin Tarantino.  I'm a big fan of Tarantino's style of directing and Django looks to be right on par with one of his best.  I admit, I'm not a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio and I know that will make me unpopular with most of the world, especially the ladies, but that's even more credit to Tarantino for making me want to see this movie still.

From the previews, Django Unchained looks to be a cross between the bloody, action-packed, uncomfortably brutal scenes of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and the hilarious irreverence for a very serious topic (slavery) of Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles.  I predict Tarantino will work his insane magic once again and deliver on at least a 4 star movie that will have me waiting anxiously for the Blu Ray release to either watch again, or actually add to my collection.  Am I right?  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment