Friday, October 16, 2009

Quarantine Preview



Quarantine is the supposed true story of an LA reporter Angela Videl (Jennifer Carpenter) who rides along for a night with the Los Angeles Fire Department. They go on a call to an apartment complex and soon find themselves quarantined inside by the government. They are given no answers and things start getting out of hand when some of the tenants start exhibiting zombie-like behaviors. Bodies are falling, people are dying, everyone is screaming in terror. The end of the preview shows Angela being dragged into the dark. The movie appears to be all shot from the point of view of Angela's Cameraman and seems to have a similar first-person effect that was created in The Blair Witch Project. I loved the Blair Witch project because I saw it with some friends at one in the morning before all the secrets were revealed that it was all staged. It looks like this is trying to re-create the elements that made Blair Witch successful - shot from first-person point of view, lots of shots in the dark, supposed true story.

Since Halloween is right around the corner, I decided to go with a horror film, but I am really skeptical about this movie. It seems like it's tough to make a good "horror" movie nowadays. Even with modern technology and advances in movie make-up and special effects, the plot usually leaves something to be desired, the scary moments are usually forced and not worth the buildup leading to the scare, and the acting is usually on par with the cheesy performances of Freddy and Jason movies of the 80's. Jennifer looks like she will be an annoying lead actress from the preview and I think this will be another failed attempt at a modern horror movie. I doubt I will be scared or entertained and I seriously doubt this movie will make it into my DVD collection. But, I could be wrong. We shall see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment